1. Hours are irregular. Most people these days e-mail their enquiries/orders. We may not respond immediately so don't worry if you don't hear from us for a few days.
2. Books and/or documents are sent on receipt of payment (cheques to be made out to Chapel Books, please), but it is advisable to check first that the item(s) are still available. Our web-pages are updated irregularly, so there can be a delay before sold items disappear from the web-page.
3. For UK customers only, asterisked prices include postage, otherwise postage of £2.00 per item will be charged (subject to a maximum charge of £4.00). Orders of £50 or more are sent post-free.
4. For overseas customers, postage will be charged at cost using the cheaper printed paper rate. Normally we'll weigh items and email quotes. We prefer payment by Sterling cheque, but if this is inconvenient we can accept payment via Paypal using our email address.
5. All books are 1st editions and 8vo size unless described otherwise.
6. No d/w unless stated.
7. Minor inscriptions/bookplates ignored.
8. Abbreviations used:
M - Mint
F - Fine (excellent)
VG - Very Good (better than average)
G - Good (an average sort of copy)
P - Poor (a reading copy only)
ed - edition
ep - endpaper(s)
nd - not dated
ex-lib - ex-library
pp - pages
inc - including
o/w - otherwise
teg - top edge gilt
aeg - all edges gilt
d/w - dustwapper
Bill Lloyd, Chapel Books